I'm KnittinSue on Ravelry.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Knit Out 2009 at MOA

Hey there - I had a blast last weekend at the Mall of America for the Craft Yarn Council's Knit Out and Crochet 2009. Many of you know that I volunteer at this event and teach beginning knitting lessons. We are supposed to teach basic knit stitch and if time, cast on and cast off but I always have students that want to learn other things or have knitting issues so it makes for a fun time. The 2 hours just flies by. And I also did some time in the information booth and other areas.

Here's a link to some photos of the event: Click here....

On Saturday, Karen arrived to relieve me from the lessons and we got some time to catch up and chat. Then on Sunday, while working the information booth, I ran into a dear friend from high school - Terri (Rolfes) Schultz. It was so fun to catch up and chat - even though I get a great Christmas card from Terri every year with a letter, so I get the updates yearly, it was still fun to meet - Terri is a crocheter - I tollerate the single stick crowd LOL! And she does some knitting - so now we need to get together and play with sticks and string together. I informed her on the ravelry addiction so hopefully I'll get my points for getting another member - HA!

Onward - its almost Friday - and I've got to finish all of these UFOs (unfinished objects) so I can start something new!

No comments: