I'm KnittinSue on Ravelry.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Knitting and more knitting

I finally got my cotton tank complete this weekend. I was motivated because I want to wear it on our vacation trip next week to Cape Cod. I purchased this yarn last year and started it a few times, ripping out each time. After knitting my gauge yet again, I pushed on and finished. I added a crochet trip to the armholes, neck and bottom edge. I expanded the bottom edge a few extra rows to give it a lace look. This added crochet made all of the difference. I could control the coverage in the armhole area.


My sock dilema - I've got two pairs going - and I'm working on sock #2 for each pair. I wanted to try socks on dpns - I had only knit socks on circulars before - I think I like dpns better as you don't have to stop and pull your cable through. I'm using 4 dpns, not 5, which makes a difference.


Finally, I finished the socks I started at retreat weekend. I did these socks two at a time from the toe up on one circular needle - the ankle has a slight lace pattern.

4 comments:

themom said...

Hi Sue. I think I figured out how to comment on a blog. This is my first try. Can't wait to see you, Mike, Erik and Hilary at our family reunion at the Cape. So proud that you "followed in my footsteps" with your knitting. Didn't know you would remember (or perhaps you don't) when we were living in CT when you and Tom were small and I spent a lot of time knitting nothing but red mittens. Then if one of you lost one I would just pull another out of my stash!!! I graduated to knitting a sweater for your father twice. It was too big the first time! Bye for now!!! Mom

Anonymous said...

Sue, I love your tank! What yarn did you use. The color is wonderful with its variations. It reminds of "Dream in Color" which seems to have this kind of color play, but I'm not sure about the content of that yarn.
Anyway. Fun blog!
Karen VR

"T" Van Hoecke said...

Hey Sue, Your tank is wonderful. I sure hope mine will be half as nice but you have given me hope! Karen and I got to the underarms today, so hopefully it will be done soon. Your blog is looking great.

Karen said...

Love the tank!

I'm back from TZ, when should we get together to play?